Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Customer Appreciation

Happy New Year everyone! It's 2012, and already the days are starting to get longer! Woohoo! Soon it'll be my birthday, and that's a scary thought! haha Ok, that's not why I'm writing this post. Today I wanted to share some really cool customer appreciation photos I got recently.


Wooky is always sitting on your shoulder making sure you do what you're supposed to.



Wooky is also the perfect travel companion to Paris for the New Year party of 2011-2012



I'm loving this purple fur and yellow horn combination. It's going to be a new monster!
 

Aww, Lavender looks like she has a nice new friend.



Louise was really happy to get her bunnies, and had difficulty parting with them as they were a gift for her friends.


Haha! Harold looks worried he's being squished!

You're never too old to get a monster for Christmas! They're not just for kids you know. :)

Well there you have it! There are a lot of happy people right now, and all because of me. 2011 was quite a year, I have to say.

I started the year by losing my job from restructuring. As you know, living in a city with a high unemployment rate can be depressing, as it was for me for a few months. After a few months of being down I decided to sell the few monsters I made in 2008 on Etsy, and noticed how great the response was, I started making more monsters for real. In June/July I decided I wanted to start my own business selling monsters. If I can't find a job, I'll create a job! I had nothing to lose anyway. I was already unemployed for 5 months (having only worked 3 weeks during that time), and on employment insurance. After some hard work with my business summary, I got accepted into a government entrepreneurship program, and now I'm here, working to make this work! 2011 has been a bumpy time, but a good year. :-) My advice? If you want to start your own business, don't wait until it's convenient, just do it!

Have a great 2012! I'd love to hear how your past year was! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment