Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, May 11, 2012

Even Entrepreneurs Have Birthdays!


Yup, it is so very much my birthday! Well, according to my mother, I haven't quite been born yet, but that's just a technicality. Haha What I mean is that the time I was born was after I wrote this blog post. :)

I love ickle and Lardee, and this seemed appropriate for my birthday post! :D


Today I turn 35, and so much has been happening! We all know about my business and that stuff, so I won't bore you with the details, but did you know that I'm a rare case? You're probably wondering, "What's she talking about!?"

I'm talking about the big M. <whispering....> Menopause! Yup. I'm almost 100% certain I've reached that point in my life already. I know, I know, you're probably already saying (out loud I imagine) that I'm not, that I still have another 16 years to go, but let me tell you this. My mom, her sisters all got in in their mid-30s, so it's not impossible for me. We all know if something runs in the family, it's going to happen to you too. Things have been happening over the past year, things that have been odd, even to me. Lots of symptoms have cropped up. I could go into further details, but I'm afraid people might get bored! Hahaha :-D Let's just say that aunt flo hasn't visited me since March, and I've been moodier, more irritable, depression is a constant visitor, I've been sleeping waaaaay less, and the most obvious one is the heat flashes I get. For all you smarty pants, no, I'm not pregnant!! LOL  I haven't been with a guy in that manner for 3 years. So there you have it. It's time for me to make a visit to the real doc. The internet doctor has already confirmed my suspicions, let's see what a real one says. :)  Oh, and don't worry, I never wanted children so it's not the end of the world. :D

I suppose it would be beneficial to go on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) meds, to balance out my moods and stuff. These days it takes a lot more energy to be happy. This roller coaster of emotions isn't fun, especially when I don't realize it and it starts to affect how I act around my friends.

So today (once I'm done sewing up all my monsters, vacuuming, washing the floors, dishes, cleaning up kitchen, making a snack for the party) I'm going to party it up like I'm 25! Or at least I'm going to try! Ever since I hit my 30s, partying has become a lot harder. I no longer have the energy to stay up until 3 am, I prefer a quiet night on the couch with a hot cup of herbal tea and a book, or a great movie. I even have a hard time sleeping in! Haha That could just be the stress of dealing with making tons of monsters for many stores.

Now you know a little bit more about me. :) So happy 35th birthday to me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment