Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy, Cloudy Saturday

Good morning everyone. Today is one of those days where I feel a little lost.  All my freelance projects are done for the time being, there aren't any jobs to apply for (being that it's Saturday), and I have quite a few projects that I should be doing.

I've thought about painting this Buddha on wood board (above). I don't know what's stopping me. In the past 2 years I've felt the want to paint sort of slip away, but I try to reel it back in by visiting the art store on a regular basis, sometimes buying supplies that I might need for future projects. Since I painted my "Flying Buddha" back in 2008/09 I haven't finished a painting. Why is that, do you think?

On another note, I'm going to enter in a design award competition. I did this really great brochure for the company I used to work for, Axis Lighting. I think it'd be great to try and win, because the recognition would help me advance in the field of graphic design. I can't sit idly by hoping someone will notice me when I don't do anything, right?? The only thing that makes it more difficult is that I've been unemployed for 3 weeks, and the cost of entering this contest will make my credit card jump up. I suppose to be noticed in a field that is highly competitive, one must do what's necessary to get ahead.

Well, in order to get this day started I think it's best I go off and get my breakfast started, brew some yummy hot coffee and just start the damned Buddha painting and be done with it!! That's all I really need, is to just start it instead of contemplating it. :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment