Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Evening.....

So I managed to get some painting done today. Not much, but it's a start!! I haven't painted in a long time (1.5 years feels like forever). Here's what I have so far... I don't know what you're going to think when you see it, but it's really not a paint-by-numbers. I had found this really cool Buddha line art drawing online and just used tracing paper to get it on my drawing board. It's easier to get the exact look when doing it this way. You might think "Oi! That's cheating!" but it isn't. A lot of illustrators work this way. We sketch our ideas, then trace them on our boards/canvas etc to get the exact look. If we were to freehand it, it just wouldn't work.

The text below is Ohm Mani Padme Hum which is a Tibetan Buddhim mantra which means the following:

"Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion. Viewing the written form of the mantra is said to have the same effect -- it is often carved into stones, like the one pictured above, and placed where people can see them. " Mantra spoken aloud


I'll post my painting when I finish it. Right now I'm trying to decide how colourful I want the rest of it to be. I guess I can do whatever I want since it is my painting. :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment