Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monsters International

Ah! Life is good, especially for me! So good, in fact, that I want to blog about it. :-) Sunday night I noticed a friend had posted she was attending an art opening called Monsters International at the Galerie Espace. When I saw that, I immediately had to contact the curator as soon as possible to see if I could squeeze myself in! I eventually found an email, and contacted Erica. Monday morning I get an email saying she would love to include me in her show!!! She said "It will be all the more fitting that we will have afternoon activities for children and their parents and I'm sure your monsters will be a hit." Since I'm the only 3D artist, I will be showcasing 7-8 monsters in total.

I'm in the process of just closing up their little furry bodies, and I'm working on a 'display' involving tree branches in a big mason jar full of stones.

Here's the link to the blog where I'm being announced: http://monstersinternational.blogspot.com/2011/10/curious-little-bird-monsters.html




PHOTO #1 This one's closest to what I like....





These last few photos are my 'installation' idea for the art gallery, but I'm starting to think it isn't really the best idea.

Like photo number 1 with the caption, I think it would look best if I took all the monsters with long arms and legs and placed them sitting around the jar, and left all the furry ones to sit in the 'tree.' If I did that, it'd look less jumbled, and cuter.

I hope the curator sees these photos tomorrow morning and gives me some feedback! :)

I'll be taking photos of them in the art gallery tomorrow night! Let's hope they all get sold!
*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment