Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, January 18, 2013

Monster embroidery hoop art


Last night I went out to an art gallery, and when I got home I had a sudden inspiration! The photo above is my first (and last) attempt at making a baby mobile. I realized the time it took, and this kind of project is mostly a hand sewn kind of project which in my books means a complete waste of time. If I can't produce something in less than 2 hours, I try something new. It's just not cost effective if I'm charging an arm and a leg for a project because my time was so long. That's really what makes prices of handmade objects so expensive... the time it took, not the supplies.

Anyway... I'm getting sidetracked here. :)

I got home from the art gallery and was inspired to make use of all the embroidery hoops I had bought for the previous project (baby mobiles). What if I took the plethora of cotton/polyester fabrics, and my monster ideas, and made furry monster wall art?? It's a fab idea! I can use up a ton of my smaller fur scraps, and people can have art with fur on their walls.

Here's some sketches of some ideas I was thinking about:


Below is a bunch of inspiration to give you an idea! The first image is closest to what I'm thinking, except that the monster would be my own styles. :)


http://www.etsy.com/listing/104286609/oh-my-deer-embroidery-hoop


http://www.etsy.com/listing/94219108/monster-embroidery-hoop-art-wall-hanging

http://www.kelilingbogor.com/monster-embroidery-hoop/



1 comment:

  1. Yes! Polyester will be a fab idea... just get some pair of low shrinkage polyester yarn and build your creativity... Well I must say the monsters are cute... Thanks

    ReplyDelete