Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, June 27, 2011

Canada Post is back in business, and so am I

Hello everyone! Happy Monday?? Hahaha who's ever happy it's Monday, except those that work from home?

So there's good news in Canada... As of Tuesday, June 28th, the postal service will resume. They don't know when it'll be back to normal, but the bill's been passed, and workers go back. If it weren't for Harper (I hope you didn't vote for him), this wouldn't have happened you know. Oh well.

In other news, I'll be done my French class. I'm so excited. I was getting tired of doing homework and trying to organize my time around drawing and making monsters, going to seminars/conferences, etc. I've had a lot on my plate the last month, it was crazy! Here's a screen shot of how busy I was!


As you can see from my calendar, I had a lot of activities and barely any time to breathe. Luckily the last 2 weeks have been a little slower, so I've had time to relax and de-stress a bit. Unfortunately last week I lost a "friend." I say "friend" because he was more of an acquaintance than anything really. But he wanted to meet with me on the 17th, and I didn't confirm anything with him, and he started calling me names (quite disrespectful if you ask me). I called him to explain why I was so busy, and said 2 words before he started talking over me. I got really annoyed, and yelled into the phone (as he wouldn't shut up) that I was hanging up. He then called me MORE names (all on Facebook chat by the way) and then unfriended me on Facebook.  He probably removed my phone number from his cell phone too. I guess this is for the best. To be honest, I don't need people who cannot understand that I am very busy trying to grow my business. I guess he figured because we were both not working full time, that I had time to spare during a Friday afternoon. Well he was wrong. In fact that same day I got an email asking if I'd like to attend a craft fair on June 18th (the very next day). I did accept. I realized then that I wouldn't have been able to see him anyway, as I'd have to spend the whole day preparing! Printing business cards, creating price tags etc.

Starting Wednesday, June 29th, I will be back in the monster making business. I really wish I had a helper. I just know I could get more done if I had someone helping me cut out body forms etc. I think I just need to manage my time better (and get out of bed at 7 am instead of sleeping in till 8, 9 or 10 am). Bad me! I could have been up early today, finished my drawings and had been to and from the pet store before noon. But no. I slept in till 9:30 am, I spent 3 hours on the computer doing what?? Reading emails, chatting with a friend. I didn't get my ass out of the house to the pet store until past 1 pm, and I didn't get back to the apt until after 3 pm. Mind you, I could have been home sooner, but I really wanted to buy some short shorts instead of wearing my knee length shorts. They're too hot (knee length shorts) for +30ÂșC weather. Honestly.

Ok, I *must* go and study for my French final which is tomorrow. Wish me luck, and let's hope I pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment