Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday Night & Cupcakes

Fridays are loved by a lot of people. The lovely thing about working from home is that Friday is just another day. Tonight I was watching reruns of my new favorite show, 2 Broke Girls. If you've never seen it, I think you should. It seems like it'd be a bit of fluff, but it's got some good, fun dialogue, witty comebacks, and a good moral to the story. Basically it teaches you that even though you can lose it all (in this case, Caroline who was rich ends up poor and sleeping on a subway), you can still be very positive and see the bright side. Max, on the other hand, has had a rough life, but with Caroline's help, she's building her cupcake business. It's a totally awesome show, and I recommend it.

Speaking of cupcakes... Since I've been watching nothing but 2 Broke Girl reruns, all I've been craving these days is a cupcake! So tonight, I decided to make cupcakes! Yes! This is my first time making cupcakes. I've always made banana bread muffins, or some sort of muffin, but never cake. I used the Yellow Citrus Cake mix in my very ancient cook book from the 1970's. The recipe basically has lemon zest (which I tripled, because I am in love with lemon!), and lemon juice (fresh, not fake).

I am a freak when it comes to lemons. I always have at least 2-10 lemons in my crisper at all times. If I'm out, that goes on my list of things to buy. If you must know, I make a lemon linguine sometimes for dinner (lemon juice of 1 lemon, fried garlic, 1 serving of linguine, pinch of crushed chili, and parsley). It is the most delicious linguine meal I've ever eaten, and it's my comfort food. :)


Here's a few photos of my lovely cupcakes:

I know the photo is a bit blurry, but they are the most perfect cupcakes!!


Look at those beauties! Mmmmmm


Ok, so the cupcakes are cooled and I've just eaten one, and Oh My Goodness they're so spongy and delicious! I would have made frosting, but I didn't have any confectioner's sugar, nor any butter. But you know what? They are delicious as is, and 10 times less fattening.

If anyone would like this recipe, I will gladly post it. I'm sure you can find it in your own cookbooks though, it's just a standard yellow citrus cake mix. :)

Enjoy, and happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Hello there - cupcakes are bad for me, but I do love them!

    Way back in November, you kindly tried to help me sort out Networked Blogs via the Plushies/Ragdolls team on Etsy. Since then, I've not had the time to do much about it, but think I've sorted it another way, partly using your route and then my own - as one does!!!

    Now, while trying to be a better member of the team, I'd like to invite you to call round at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com and/or www.coldhamcuddlies.etsy.com so we can carry on the contact. Would love you to comment/Follow if you feel you'd like to. Meanwhile, all good wishes Isobel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isobel! I remember you. I think cupcakes are bad for everyone! After I made my batch, I ate 4!!! LOL. I felt sick afterward.

      I'm glad to hear you finally got your blog figured out. There are many ways to publish it to Facebook and the like. I gave up Networkedblogs, and started using RSS Graffiti because it publishes a nice photo with a bit of text in Facebook. It's a lot nicer to use than Networkedblogs, although I found it was harder to get it to work.

      Delete
  2. mmmmm I love lemon in cakes too!!

    ReplyDelete