Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, April 30, 2012

New Stores!


In a previous post I spoke about successes. Well I believe in order to be truly successful in this industry of toy manufacturing here in Montreal, I have to get my product in as many stores as possible!

I've recently brought some new products to the new store Mixx Authentik. Nearby there's Perfide. They carry my little furry guys. Both are in Montreal on Notre Dame street, in the St-Henri neighborhood.


In a few weeks there will be a boutique/art gallery in Saint-Faustin-Lac-Carré, QC called Maison des Arts et de la Culture Saint-Faustin. It's near Mont Tremblant in the northern part of Québec called Les Laurentides.  I've never been there, and I'll get to see it in May. It should be nice.


Just yesterday I started up a new web shop with Down That Little Lane company in Australia. It's another opportunity to sell. Hopefully it'll be a good one. ;)

http://downthatlittlelane.com.au/sellers/curious-little-bird


I don't know how this will turn out, but when I did a search for plush toys, there was only 1 page, so it's good there's very little competition.

My next task is to get more physical stores here in town. That's the most imperative thing. I missed March, when stores were stocking up after Christmas, and now I'm stuck in a month where everyone is full. What is a girl to do?? The government program I'm in has me on a 3 month 'probation' of sorts. I have to prove my business is viable!! Talk about stress. I'm not a fan of working for people. I have the sort of personality that works best alone. To be honest, I've been working for myself for 16 months, and I quite enjoy it. It'd be really hard to have to go back to that full time. Honestly, I may have to (even if I do get triple the amount of stores to take on my products). The fact is, stores don't always sell regularly, and they certainly don't pay regularly either. To support myself, I have to make at least a minimum of $1800. Since stores usually take 50% commission, that means I have to sell twice as much as I would if I were selling them direct in a fair.  Lots of stress.

Well that's it for today! I have lots of tagging to do for the Salon de Verdun coming up this weekend. If you're in Montreal, stop by! The event is here: http://www.curiouslittlebird.ca/Events/

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment